The Amazing Women in History Bundle is a pack of educational games, crafts and activities that feature inspiring women who have changed the world. The women featured in the pack are scientists, explorers, artists, activists, and more. They come from different social classes and from different parts of the world. What unites them here is that each of them did something extraordinary—and they worked hard to get there.
The Amazing Women in History bundle was made:
- to inspire girls and boys of today—you can be anything if you work hard
- to tell about some amazing firsts (did you know who was the world’s first novelist? what about the first deaf-blind person to graduate from college?)
- to touch on some interesting facts of history (who found the first fossil of an extinct creature and what were requirements for the first female in space)
- to celebrate diversity—yes, this particular game is about women, but they all come from very different circumstances
- to encourage players’ interest in learning more—and if they do, there are blank cards, so that they could create more characters!
The Amazing Women in History bundle is suitable for studying women’s history with elementary school students, both at home and at school. It can be used as a supplement or as a complete unit study.
The Amazing Women in History Bundle features:
- Guess Who Game: Start with this game and learn about the women featured in this bundle, while having fun and using logical deduction. After each successful guess, read the cards with their biographies.
- Colouring Pages + Posters: Have the students colour posters and do additional research on the women biographies. Each of them has a fascinating story to tell.
- Matching Game: Play another game. Take twenty the women cards and match them with twenty achievement cards. Mastered that? Let’s take it a step up—shuffle the sixty achievement cards and attribute them to the right twenty women!
- Paper Dolls: Have the students make paper dolls. Besides offering a few new facts on each of the women, this activity makes a connection with historical material culture and gives some additional information on clothes worn in different time periods.
- Bingo Game: Play another game, This game assumes that the players have already familiarized themselves with the women featured in the game and encourages them to use their previous knowledge to play.
- Make Your Own: Encourage the students to use the templates for make-your-own-cards and fill them in with other inspiring women from history. You can now play a new round of Women Guess Who Game—with the cards that they create.
There are no reviews yet.