Learn wise, funny and quirky proverbs from around the world while playing the printable proverb game! Use your wit and imagination to complete little-known proverbs from around the world and trick other players into thinking that they’re the original sayings. At the end of each round, the answer is revealed, and all the best proverb creators and guessers score points.
Recommended number of players: 3-10
The Game Features:
- 70 double-sided cards of proverbs from around the world
- printable score sheet
How to Play:
Each turn, one of the players takes the role of a wise person. That player picks up a card, red side up with its blue side covered, and reads the beginning of the proverb out loud.
All the players attempt to write a convincing ending to the proverb on their paper, while the wise person silently reads the original ending (on the back of the card) and proceeds to write it down on his piece of paper.
When the players are done writing their endings, all the cards get thoroughly mixed together, and are then laid out in view and read by the wise person.
At that point, the players consider which of the endings is the original one and secretly cast their vote on a piece of paper. When everyone has voted, the choices are revealed, and the wise person points out the correct answer. Points are then awarded as follows:
- 2 points to each player for every vote their ending received
- 2 points to each player who picked the right ending
- 2 points to the reader if no one votes for the right answer
- 2 points to each player whose answer was the same as the original (in that case, players who voted for that answer get points as if they picked the right answer)
The game continues, and the next player becomes the wise person.