Women: Guess Who Game is a printable educational game that features inspiring women who have changed the world. They are scientists, explorers, artists, activists, and more. They come from different social classes and from different parts of the world. What unites them here is that each of them did something extraordinary—and they worked hard to get there.
This game was made:
- to inspire girls and boys of today—you can be anything if you try
- to tell about some amazing firsts (did you know who was the world’s first novelist? what about the first deaf-blind person to graduate from college?)
- to celebrate diversity—yes, this particular game is about women, but they all come from very different circumstances
- to touch on some interesting facts of social history (like the times when, in order to become a nurse, a girl had to fight really hard against her parents)
- to encourage players’ interest in learning more—and if they do, there are blank cards in the end of the game, so that they could add more characters!
Women: Guess Who Game features:
- twenty amazing women, such as Marie Curie, Frida Kahlo, Rosa Parks, Florence Nightingale, Amelia Earhart, Harriet Tubman, Nancy Wake, and many more
- forty double-sided character cards, each featuring a full-height illustration of a mighty woman along with some of her notable accomplishments
- twenty biography cards, each featuring an illustration, a quotation, and a short biography, and a timeline of the most important events and accomplishments
- blank templates to make your own cards or complete research on more amazing women
- rules for a two-player game (no rules for a big group of players & no full-page posters – you can find them in the extended version)
How to Play Women: Guess Who Game
Take turns asking a “yes” or “no” question about your opponent’s mystery person. Do not ask about their appearance—ask about their accomplishments, based on the icons. Based on your opponent’s answer, flip your character cards to eliminate some of the women. When you’re ready to guess, say the name of who you think is featured on your opponent’s card. If you’re right, you win the round.
We hope you will enjoy this game!