Most animals do not want to come in close contact with humans, but if you learn to notice and recognize their tracks, you will be able identify which animals visit your neighbourhood or like to walk along the same trails as you do. Animal tracks can become a window into an otherwise hidden world—the presence and habits of wild animals. In a playful and engaging manner, the game introduces the subject of animal tracking to children.
Our game features 60 printable cards:
- fifteen animal cards with watercolour-and-ink illustrations that are both biologically informative and kid-friendly
- fifteen labelled animal track cards (the name of the animal is labelled as well as its fore feet and hind feet when applicable)
- fifteen unlabelled animal track cards
- fifteen information cards that offer an interesting fact about each animal along with some hints on where they usually live, so that you will know where to look for tracks
The animals included in the animal track game are a squirrel, a rabbit, a bear, a raccoon, a deer, a beaver, a coyote, a skunk, an armadillo, a wild boar, a bobcat, a snake, a sea turtle, a duck, and a wild turkey. This selection of animals shows a wide variety of different kinds of footprints while showcasing species that can be found near human dwellings or parks.
There are two ways to play the game: as a matching game and as a memory game. Find the rules included as well!
The game works on:
- logical skills, scientific reasoning and spatial thinking
- memory development
- learning about animals
You can also buy this game as a part of our Nature STEAM Pack (60% discount!) along with other creative printable projects for exploring nature.