Architecture has played a significant role in human history, but humans are not the only ones to build impressive structures. Some animals go to great effort to engineer their perfect dwelling. It becomes especially obvious as we try to learn their techniques and replicate their work. Using this pack, students will learn about ten animals and the amazing structures they build, then attempt to build their own versions of these specific dwellings.
The animal house engineering game features 40 printable cards:
• 10 challenge cards: “Can you build a house for this animal?”
• 10 house cards giving information on what dwelling or structure this particular animal usually lives in or uses for some other purpose
• 10 engineering idea cards suggesting how to build a model of this structure
• 10 cards with pictures/schemes of animal houses/structures
The animal engineers described in the game are a beaver, a squirrel, a rabbit, a bear, a loon, a puffin, a bower bird, a coot, a wasp, and a termite. Birds are particularly inventive with their nests, but insects create amazing structures as well!
The game works on:
- engineering skills
- learning about animals and architecture
You can also buy this game as a part of our Nature STEAM Pack (60% discount!) or as a part of Animal Diversity Bundle (60% off!).
There are no reviews yet.