The ANIMALS pattern block templates feature:
- Three levels of complexity, based on the cards you choose to use:
- Coloured cards are easiest to use for young students.
- Black-and-white cards increase difficulty and encourage students to pay attention to the shape rather the colour.
- Silhouette cards provide a challenge to older students, who will have to build the figure based only on its silhouette.
- Two scales of cards: four designs on one sheet (convenient card size) and one design per sheet (100% scale and easiest to replicate for young children ).
- Cards that ask children to solve an additional mathematical problem by counting the blocks of a certain colour.
Benefits of ANIMALS pattern block templates:
Working with the design templates is beneficial for:
- Practicing basic math skills: matching, counting, shape and colour recognition, and patterning
- Developing critical thinking and spatial awareness working on building challenges
- Working on hand-eye coordination and fine motor skills