- over 30 pages of paper doll templates and ideas of how you can use them in discussing emotions with children
- boy doll template (buy it separately here) + girl doll template (buy it separately here)
- paper doll templates to colour however children want (buy it separately here)
- 14 facial expressions and 5 poses each
- emotion cards to play a matching game with
- printable board game Emotions (buy it separately here)
About Emotion Dolls
If you played with dress-up paper dolls while growing up, you probably remember how much fun it was! From an adult (parent/teacher/therapist) perspective, we can also see how useful this activity is for a child’s development. Here are a few important skills that making paper dolls and playing with them can encourage:
- fine motor skills and scissor cutting practice
- creativity and art skills
- storytelling skills
- social skills
As you will see from the pack, the emotion paper dolls are specially designed to work on all of the above. However, their main purpose is to teach children about reading the emotions and body language of their peers and to help them with developing social and emotional intelligence.
The designs can be used for making a classic paper doll with folding tabs as well as a magnetic doll.
About the board game Emotions
While playing this game, children and adults will be challenged to talk about emotions: how they react to certain emotions, what causes them, and how to deal with them. Some tasks in the game are funny, and some are serious. We hope you will enjoy the game and discover something new about each other!