60 cards of three different types:
- Type 1: 12 cards, naming 12 shapes that can be represented or built using magnetic tiles
- Type 2: 24 challenge cards, giving an idea of what shape to build and what tiles to use, but not showing the design. For example: “Can you build a rectangle using four right triangles?” For children who cannot read, a picture of the shape is included.
- Type 3: 24 inspiration cards, showing a magnetic tile design to build
Type 2 and type 3 cards can be printed as double-sided cards, where one side will present a challenge and the other side will show the solution to it.
Benefits of Using 2D Geometric Shapes Cards with Magnetic Tiles
Working with 2D Geometric Shape Cards is beneficial for:
- Introducing common geometric shapes: squares, rectangles, different types of triangles, parallelograms, rhombuses, trapezoids and hexagons.
- developing critical thinking while working on challenges
- practising matching skills and patterning