We laid out temporary lines of longitude and latitude on our shapes as a drawing guide and then used Google Earth to faithfully render the landforms, making the finished design as close as possible to the real Earth, only very small and a bit lumpy. Now all you have to do is print it out!
Earth Magnetic Tile Design Features
- 14 full-colour printable stickers that are scaled to fit all compatible magnetic tiles: Magna-tiles, Connetix, Picasso Tiles, Shape Mags, etc. The stickers print out in the pattern that they will be adhered and assembled in.
- A separate layout page is also provided. It’s optional – don’t bother with it if you want a tougher puzzle!
- There are no borders, place names, or lines of demarcation on this globe – it is our planet depicted as a natural object.
Benefits of Using 2D Creative Design Cards
- Cutting, sorting and manipulating the shapes is a great fine-motor exercise.
- Following the provided image to assemble the Northern and Southern Hemispheres is a puzzle that uses shape recognition, counting, and mental rotation.
- Assembling the tiles into their final globe form requires planning and careful manipulation.
- The assembled globe can be used for discussing Earth’s continents, ecoregions and landforms, as well as their simplified representation on maps.
- Feel free to build on the project by writing or drawing whatever names and delineations add to your study of the Earth!